Are you the new Metadata Coordinator of Europeana?
We are looking for a Metadata Coordinator to join the Data Publishing Services team and to work closely with data partners to make their collections available in accordance with Europeana's content strategy. The responsibilities mainly consist of coordinating between data partners and Europeana teams to support professionals in cultural heritage institutions into becoming active participants in a culturally connected platform for Europe where collections are available to the general public and for use in education, research, and creative industries.
You will be working very closely with 4 other Metadata Coordinators on shared and collective goals. You will also be working very closely with the team managers and members of other teams to support them in improving the relationship with our data partners. The Metadata Coordinator works with data partners so they feel rewarded as active participants in a culturally connected platform for Europe, built on the principles of openness, mutuality and trust. Being part of Europeana has both connected them with peers and helped them make their collections available, in high quality, with standardised rights statements that allow reuse, to the general public and for use in education, research, and creative industries.
● Act as an account manager for data partners that wish to publish their data on Europeana and execute data processing (publication of digital collections) and related activities:
o Prioritisation of data processing;
o Create tickets/stories in Jira and liaise with other teams to pursue tickets
when ingestion or display blockers are detected;
o Processing data using Metis ingestion tool. Reporting issues that arise through the process;
o Provide guidance to data providers on how to model their data in EDM XML;
o Basic XSLT transformations;
● Improving data quality of digital collections published in the Europeana website:
o Analyse the quality of data;
o Query the API and develop and/or customise Google Sheets to capture quality statistics;
o Defining a data quality improvement plan;
o Disseminating the work on data quality improvements via blog posts or case studies to celebrate the achievements and help others to learn from our experiences;
o Active member of the Operations Team and Data Quality Committee (DQC);
● Participation in / organisation of / contribution to workshops and project meetings
(incl giving presentations);
● Contribute to the writing, publication and update of guidelines and documentation;
● Educate Europeana staff and partners in understanding how data is published in Europeana and how to efficiently find content in the portal and evaluate its quality;
● Assist in the writing of deliverables for the European Commission;
● Report on Europeana Generic Services projects;
● Support development teams;
● Contribute to and participate in EF cross functional teams and EAF task forces and working groups;
● University degree or Higher Vocational Education level in Information Management, Digital Humanities or a related field;
● Practical knowledge of working with metadata in the cultural heritage sector;
● IT-literate and a fast learner when it comes to picking up new software and new procedures;
● Experience working with /on:
○ digital cultural heritage;
○ XML/XSLT, knowledge of LOD vocabularies and related technologies (e.g. RDF and SPARQL), OAI-PMH and JSON advantageous;
○ projects and balancing competing priorities;
● Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
● Passion for working in an international and dynamic environment.
Your gross monthly salary will be between EUR 2.700 and 3.300 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
● Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
● 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
● We offer 42.25 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
● We offer an inspiring work environment and an international company culture
● We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home and not being able to work from the office.
(Covid-19 / exceptional circumstances)
Europeana empowers the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation. We develop expertise, tools and policies to embrace digital change and encourage partnerships that foster innovation. We make it easier for people to use cultural heritage for education, research, creation and recreation. Our work contributes to an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
The Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. At the Europeana Foundation we work to democratise access to culture - digitally - so that everyone in our society is empowered to embrace diversity and flourish.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Europeana Foundation ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Metadata Coordinator.