Are you the new Technical Business Analyst of Europeana?
Support the involvement of Europeana’s R&D team in the Europeana Translate project, especially:
● Support the gathering of use cases and technical specifications for integrating machine translation services in the Europeana (meta)data flows.
● Select appropriate training (meta)data for machine translation systems and provide advice during training
● Co-ordinate evaluation (quality assessment) activities for the project outputs
● Coordinate and write relevant project deliverables (reports)
Support the involvement of the R&D team in other Europeana projects (incl CRAFTED, Europeana Subtitled, EnrichEuropeana+) that employ AI technology,
● Advise and support project partners and other Europeana teams on the deployment of AI technology (including machine translation and other natural language processing systems) to the Europeana context. Depending
on projects this can include advise on training of AI systems and application of trained models, (human-in-the-loop) validation and plugging of data and services into Europeana's architecture
● Support dissemination of results and capacity building activities related to these projects in the Europeana Network, especially in the EuropeanaTech community
● Advise colleagues and partners working on other projects for activities pertaining to the key responsibilities
● Liaise and coordinate with other relevant R&D and data ingestion or enrichment efforts in Europeana’s Network and elsewhere
● Strong data and business analysis skills - understanding of complex and heterogeneous data and applications that can be built on top of them, ability to source data relevant for experiments
● Experience with data wrangling and analysis and relevant tools - or ability to learn to use these tools
● An interest in culture and making the digital treasures of Europe’s libraries, archives and museums accessible to all
● Good written and oral communication skills - Fluency in English and, preferably, another European language
● Educational background: Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Digital Humanities, Business Informatics, or another relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
Further, it is a plus if you have experience with / knowledge of:
● Programming, scripting and data querying languages
● Highly multilingual data
● Data standards and practices in libraries, archives and museum (metadata formats, thesauri and other controlled vocabularies)
● Working in a project setting, working with scrum and user stories
● The concepts of Semantic Web and Linked Data (e.g., SPARQL query language) and the data available via these channels (e.g., Wikidata)
● Recent AI developments and tools
Your gross monthly salary will be between EUR 2.900 and 3.500 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
● Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
● 1 year fixed term contract (part-time 0.5 FTE) with possibility of extension
● We offer 42.25 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
● We offer an inspiring work environment and an international company culture
● We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home and not being able to work from the office.
● (Covid-19 / exceptional circumstances)
Europeana empowers the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation. We develop expertise, tools and policies to embrace digital change and encourage partnerships that
foster innovation. We make it easier for people to use cultural heritage for education, research, creation and recreation. Our work contributes to an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
The Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. At the Europeana Foundation we work to democratise access to culture - digitally - so that everyone in our society is empowered to embrace diversity and flourish.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Europeana Foundation ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Technical Business Analyst (part-time).